1. A single prize of 2000 €, as well as the option of publication as a short original in the Farmacia Hospitalaria magazine (hospital pharmacy magazine).
  2. The case must be original, with no prior publication in scientific journals.
  3. The main author must be an intern.
  4. A maximum of six authors per clinical case will be accepted.
  5. In order to enter the competition, your case should be sent via the conference content management system (similar to other communications) together with the following documents:
    • Participation application including: name of main intern author, other authors, area of activity or service, hospital and contact information.
    • Document with the clinical case in PDF format specifying the following: a) title; b) introduction – providing an argument for the interest and originality of the work; c) case description, including clinical presentation and its development; d) short pharmaceutical discussion and contribution, and e) bibliography (a maximum of five references).  The text (from introduction to bibliography, both inclusive) shall have a maximum length of 10 A-4 sheets double-spaced, font size 12.  The 10 pages may include images and graphics. 
  6. Application deadline is 10 June 2015.  Any applications received after that date will be rejected.
  7. Best cases will be selected by a Panel of Judges made up of members of the Conference Scientific Committee who will objectively rank the cases, choosing the FIVE cases with the highest rankings among all submitted work. The Panel of Judges decisions shall be the product of a blind assessment, with no Panel member assessing a case from his/her own centre. Such assessment will be based on the originality and interest of the case, its pharmaceutical contribution, overall presentation and visuals according to the criteria specified in the annex to the competition rules.
  8. The top five cases will be presented by one of the case authors in a special session of the Valencia SEFH Conference.  Each author will be provided with a slide template that shall be used for the presentation. Each author shall have 7 minutes for presenting the case, and 5 minutes for audience discussion. The session will be moderated by the president of the Conference Scientific Committee, the intern spokesperson and the SEFH research director.
  9. The assessment shall be done jointly by a Panel of Judges and by the audience. The Panel of Judges shall comprise the three moderators as well as other two members appointed by the Conference Scientific Committee. Its scoring shall represent 70% of the final score for each clinical case. The remaining 30% of the assessment will be taken from the audience scores for each case. Only those audience members present at the session from the beginning to the end may participate in the scoring. For this purpose, each attendee arriving at the conference room before the beginning of the session shall receive a form with the five cases and the items to score. The forms will be collected at the end of the session and analysed afterwards in order to calculate the audience score. Depending on the technical means available, the audience assessment form might be filled electronically.
  10. Scoring shall be done on a 1 to 10 basis, assessing the following items: a) quality of the presentation, b) quality of the discussion and defence, c) case originality and interest and d) visuals.
  11. The Panel of Judges’ decision shall be final.
  12. The Prizes shall be awarded during the Conference.